As a good housekeeper you've deleted all your old text messages, and then realised that you do - in fact - need some or all of your old messages. Well fear not. You can recover deleted text messages from your iPhone.
Indeed, it's possible you can do so without having recourse to anything more difficult than restoring from backup. And at worst you may be able to get those messages back using a third app. Here are three ways to restore deleted SMS messages on iPhone.
Restore deleted tests on iPhone: from iCloud
If you have ever backed up your iPhone to iCloud or iTunes you should be able to restore your iPhone text messages from the backup. In fact unless you disabled the automatic sync option in iTunes, you should have created a backup everytime you synched with your PC or Mac.
Unfortunately, iCloud doesn't back up SMS in all territories, and for all phone operators. My UK O2-operated iPhone 5 falls into this category. So the following may not work (which is a shame because this is the best backup you can have for your SMS messages). You'll need only to go to step 2 to find out.
1. Login to https://icloud.com with your Apple ID and password
2. Click on "Text Messages" (if it isn't there your messages haven't been backed up).
3. If it is there searched the messages to find the ones you need.
4. Now go to your iPhone and choose "Settings", iCloud on your iPhone.
5. Turn off Text Messages (or ensure it is turned off). I know this sounds counter intuitive but stay with it.
6. You'll see a pop-up. Select: "Keep on My iPhone".
7. Now turn back on text messages.
8. Tap "Merge", and wait. After a few minutes the deleted text messages should appear back on your iPhone.
Restore deleted tests on iPhone: from iTunes backup
Don't worry if the above didn't work. We have two further options to try. First let's try recovering deleted SMS messages via an iTunes backup.
1. Connect your iPhone to the PC with which you sync it. iTunes should open (if not, open it manually).
2. You should see your iPhone in a box, top righthand corner. Select it.
3. Now choose "Restore backup".
4. All the data you previously backed up will now replace the data on your phone. It will take a few minutes. As long as you haven't backed up subsequent to deleting those text messages, they should now appear on your phone handset.
Restore deleted tests on iPhone: use a third-party app
If neither of the options above has worked, it is time to go nuclear. Well, not nuclear exactly but it may cost you a couple of quid, and there is no guarantee it will work.
We've never used either of these, but a couple of third-party apps appear to have a good online reputation: WonderShare Dr.Fone for iOS and Tenorshare iPhone Data Recovery. Because even after you have 'deleted' messages they remain on your handset until overwritten, you should be able to recover deleted messages using these utilities (and others).
Article Source: Can you retrieve deleted texts from iPhone? Restore deleted SMS messages on iPhone